SIM P&I CLUB CORRESPONDENTS. We offer our services to P&I Clubs and their Members Owners, Charterers and other parties involved in the shipping transport activities. Our approach is to prevent damages and resolve conflicts in the most effective manner and minimizing costs.
OUR SERVICES AS CORRESPONDENTS COULD BE SUMMARIZED AS FOLLOWS:
CREW MEMBERS MEDICAL CLAIMS
- Crew illness, injury and death. We assist the P&I Club and Member in making arrangements for the crew’s disembarkation, hospitalization and repatriation in case of illness, injury or death. Medical reports and the estimated medical or repatriation costs are provided.
- No Crew incidents; stowaways, pilots, stevedores.
- Stowaways: We assist the Master in completing the disembarkation formalities with the authorities on board the vessel and interview the stowaway. The Club/Member is provided with an estimate of the repatriation costs and we provide all assistance including escorts to ensure the stowaway is safely repatriated.
For us it is important that all the correct steps are taken to ensure the safety and well-being of personnel and co-ordinate with other actions which may be necessary to protect the environment and the salvage of the ship and other property.
- Damage caused to or by the vessel: As a local correspondent, we can assess the extent of the damage and also to minimize the losses so that the best protection of the P&I Club and Member’s interests are assured.
- Pollutions & fines: We assist in preserving the rights of the P&I Club and Member by appointing competent surveyors and experts to investigate the cause and extent of the pollution and damages caused. Once the extent of pollution is ascertain we assist the experts to manage this incident by liaising with local authorities and local parties involved.
- General Average issues and Adjusting: As an extension of their cover for loss of or damage to cargo, we can assist the Clubs to determine these issues and ascertain if they have to pay to the Shipowner any contributions to general average.
Our claims executives are well experienced to appoint the appropriate surveyors both efficient and cost effective to deal with a varied range of issues:
- Condition Surveys
- On / Off-Hire Bunker Surveys
- Draft Surveys
CARGO DAMAGE AND LOSSES
We instruct our competent surveyors to identify the causes and extent of damage to help reduce our clients’ claim. We supervise the activities of the surveyors to ensure consistent and timely reporting and that instructions are followed:
- Preloading & Discharge surveys
- Loss and Damage surveys
- Salvage, Abandonment and Destruction
In view of our close association with the best local maritime lawyers in the region, we can assist in the following issues:
- Fines of Port Regulations
- Legal Proceedings and Claims
- Damages to Port Installations
- Letters of Undertaking / Guarantees
WE ACT AS P&I CORRESPONDENTS FOR THE FOLLOWING P&I CLUBS/INSURERS
IG P&I Clubs
- Assuranceforeningen Gard (Gjensidig)
- Assuranceforeningen Skuld (Gjensidig)
- The North of England P&I Association Ltd
- The Standard Steamship Owners´ P&I Association
- Carina P&I
- Dutch P&I
- Hanseatic P&I
- The Charterers P&I
- North Nederlandsche P&I Association